About Us

Mission Statement

Our mission is to ensure high levels of academic and social emotional learning for all.

Vision

  • We are a community of active learners sharing best practices, who treat each other with respect and value and appreciate each others' differences.
  • We are dynamic and flexible to meet the changing needs of all learners.
  • We make the connection between school and home by providing opportunities for interaction and communicating expectations and progress.
  • We have the reputation of excellence where our students are excited and exceed standards from the district, state and beyond.
  • Mission View is a great place because of ongoing team building, which helps create a fun-loving, supportive and non-threatening, safe environment with high morals.

School History

The first Wenatchee School District (number 19) was formed in August of 1883. The district was located on the northern end of the valley, south of the Wenatchee river, and housed one school, the "North End School" (later Lewis & Clark). Another district, number 40, was established in 1889 just south of District 19, but for many years there was no school. In 1893 a new school was built in District 40 called the "Wenatchee School." It was later named the "Stevens School" in honor of the first territorial governor of Washington State.

North End School 1903

North End School 1903

Wenatchee School (Stevens School), Built 1893

Wenatchee School (Stevens School), Built 1893

There were other schools to the south of Wenatchee as well. Wenatchee Heights students attended a tiny school in Wenatchee Heights which was built in 1908. There was a school in Pitcher Canyon, built in 1900, a school in Malaga, built in 1932, and a school up Squilchuck, built in 1900. All of these schools were eventually annexed to the (South) Wenatchee School district and the students were transported to South Wenatchee School.

In 1899 Chelan County was formed and the school districts were renumbered. District 19 became District 1 and District 40 became District 7. The districts remained separate until 1905 when they were consolidated into Wenatchee School District Number 46.

In the 1920s the Great Northern Railway changed its division point from Leavenworth to what is now known as the "Appleyard." As a result, a new community to the south of Wenatchee began to develop. The new town, "South Wenatchee," had a grocery store, gas stations, a barber shop, a shoe repair shop, two hotels, (including one on Terminal Ave), a church and even its own post office! The South Wenatchee community was very independent and became very competitive with Wenatchee. They even disassociated themselves with the Wenatchee School District and built South Wenatchee School on Terminal Avenue in 1924.

Stevens School, Rebuilt 1925

Stevens School, Rebuilt 1925

South Wenatchee School, Built 1924  (The original Mission View)

South Wenatchee School, Built 1924 (The original Mission View)

There were other schools to the south of Wenatchee as well. Wenatchee Heights students attended a tiny school in Wenatchee Heights which was built in 1908. There was a school in Pitcher Canyon, built in 1900, a school in Malaga, built in 1932, and a school up Squilchuck, built in 1900. All of these schools were eventually annexed to the (South) Wenatchee School district and the students were transported to South Wenatchee School.

School in Wenatchee Heights, Built 1908

School in Wenatchee Heights, Built 1908

Pitcher Canyon School, Built 1900

Pitcher Canyon School, Built 1900

Malaga School, Built 1932

Malaga School, Built 1932

Squilchuck School, Built 1900

Squilchuck School, Built 1900

Over the years relations between South Wenatchee and Wenatchee improved, and in 1953 the South Wenatchee School District merged with the Wenatchee School District. In 1970 South Wenatchee School was renamed Mission View due to the fact that very few South Wenatchee students actually attended the school. Most of the students were from Malaga, Squilchuck, Pitcher Canyon and Wenatchee Heights area.

School Details

Hours of Operation
Monday (late start):
Kindergarten- 5th grade - 9:45-2:45
Office - 7:30-3:30

Tuesday-Friday:
Kindergarten- 5th grade - 8:15-2:45
Office - 7:30-3:30

  Recess (T-F) Lunch (M-F) Lunch Recess (M-F)
Kinders 9:40 - 9:55 10:55 - 11:20 11:20 - 11:50
Grade 1 1:35 - 1:50 10:35 - 10:55 10:55 - 11:26
Grade 2 10:55- 11:10 12:25 - 12:45 12:45 - 1:16
Grade 3 1:20 - 1:35 11:20 - 11:40 11:40 - 12:11
Grade 4 10:40 - 10:55 12:05 - 12:25 12:25 - 12:56
Grade 5 10:45 - 11:00 11:45 - 12:05 12:05 - 12:36

Principal
Jeff Jaeger

Assistant Principal
Gracie Helm

Office Manager
Alejandra Chimal

Counselor
Justin Nielson

Phone: 509-663-5851
Fax: 509-667-1117

Address:
60 Terminal Ave       
Wenatchee, WA 98801