Code of Conduct
To show respect and courtesy, we agree to our code of conduct:
- Don't take things personally. Express disagreement with ideas, not people.
- Stay focused on what is best for students & the task at hand & best practice.
- Maintain a positive focus and search out solutions, not gripes.
- Open and honest communication (What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas); ok to be devil's advocate; ok to challenge. All/Any questions are valid.
- Share ideas, comments, outcomes, and questions.
- Focus on one process, one content at a time.
- Listen to others (no cellphones, side conversations, etc); have one person speak at a time.
- Spread work evenly.
- Respect each other's ideas.
- Bring device to access notes and files.
- Do your homework; take care of our own learning and either move, or ask the other party to step out the meeting.
- Use the backchannel to write down questions that are not on the agenda or will not serve the greater good of the meeting.
- Be on time (Start, End, Breaks, etc) and stay on the agenda.
- Set our cells phones to off or at minimum to vibrate.
To promote understanding, we agree to:
- Ask for clarifications.
- Uncover underlying assumptions.
- Try to see the whole picture.
- Do our homework outside of meeting time.