Wenatchee Internet Academy
The Wenatchee Internet Academy is a Web-based educational environment that offers high quality online courses to students registered in the Wenatchee School District. Courses are designed and taught by Wenatchee High School instructors.
- Provide quality distance education
- Offer advancement and acceleration
- Expand access to subject areas
- Provide flexible access
- Prepare students for additional learning
- Lifetime Fitness - Regular with Gym Membership; OR
Lifetime Fitness - Cardiovascular Sport (Cross Country, Football, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball,Track, Baseball, Softball, LaCrosse, Soccer)
(Courses with less than seven registrations are subject to cancellation)
WIA offers a content-rich small variety of highly demanded courses in an easy-to-use format. We utilize Moodle™ for our learning management system.
- Ease of use - Students can access the courses with basic computer skills and any active internet connection.
- High Instructional Quality - Experienced high school teachers and subject matter experts have developed each course to align with district, state, and national standards.
- Flexibility - Students can access their classes at any time, 24/7. Courses use a variety of strategies to deliver the content.
- Accountability - The WIA system includes a variety of tools to track and report student participation.
- Teamwork - Students and their teachers can participate in real-time chats as well as exchange ideas in a forum setting. Student groups work together on projects to reinforce course material and develop collaborative skills.
- Forums - In forums, students can share their ideas, questions, and answers in an asynchronous setting that allows careful reflection before posting.
- Online Assessments - Student work is assessed in several ways, including multiple choice tests, true/false, matching, short answer, and essays.
- Necessary Skills - Students need basic skills in computer use. They must know how to work within either a Windows or Macintosh environment, how to navigate the web using their favorite browser, and how to use standard e-mail and word-processing programs.
- Necessary Software - Students need a web browser and an internet connection. For course assignments, access to a word processor and other applications may be required.