Registration for new students is now open! Current Wenatchee School District students and students from outside of the district are welcome.
WIA is only offering Online School for Grades 2-8. Online School for Grades 9-12 will be offered through WHS or WSHS.
Current Wenatchee School District Student registration form
Out of District Student Registration Forms
Wenatchee Internet Academy
Wenatchee Internet Academy (WIA) is a full-time online classroom program that provides daily facilitated courses for 2-8 students in the Wenatchee School District (WSD). WIA presents students with a robust, interactive learning experience with a certificated WSD teacher. 2-8 curriculum is STEM-focused, project learning based, and aligned with Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Create a safe online learning environment
- Support students’ social and emotional learning
- Provide access and opportunity to career-focused STEM lessons and experiences
Daily Alternative Learning Experience (ALE) Online School
- Mornings: Zoom School focused on ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies Standards
- Afternoons: Families can pre-register for weekly, WIA teacher-led, in-person or remote, afternoon, rotating electives, such as: coding, engineering, drama, art, music, writing, poetry, obstacle courses, hiking/walking, and more. They can also use afternoon time for any pre-planned family activities or lessons (piano, athletics).
- Science Field Experiences: All students will participate in a culminating field experience related to their Science unit. Field experiences will be presented in-person and families will be responsible for transportation. If a student is unable to attend, a coordinated remote experience will be provided, so each student has opportunity and access to the learning.
- Flexible Access to Curriculum & Learning: WIA teachers will teach STEM-focused lessons and incorporate literacy and Tribal Sovereignty state standards. All assignments, documents, resources, monthly student progress, and grades will be housed in Canvas and can be accessed by students and families at any time.
- AVID: All WIA classes will focus on WICOR (writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading) using AVID-organized folders & binders. AVID is a program that promotes critical thinking and setting high expectations for each student through rigor and engagement. AVID’s mission is to close the opportunity gap.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.