Wenatchee Internet Academy
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, WSD created the online school as a choice for families concerned about sending their children back to school for in-person instruction this fall and for those students who prefer an online learning environment.
Wenatchee Internet Academy (WIA) is an online educational program that provides instructor-led online courses to elementary through high school age students in the Wenatchee School District (WSD). WIA presents students with a daily robust, interactive learning experience with a certificated WSD teacher. This program is not simply a textbook online.
All K-12 curriculum is similar to current WSD classroom curriculum and aligned with Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
At large WIA registration has closed for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Provide quality online education
- Create a safe learning environment
- Support students’ social and emotional learning
- Provide flexible access to curriculum and learning
Course offerings will be determined based on student registrations. All courses will be aligned to the needs of each student according to their grade level and/or accommodations.
WIA offers a content-rich variety of highly demanded courses in an easy-to-use format. We utilize Canvas for our learning management system.
- Instructors - High-quality instruction taught by trusted certificated WSD teachers.
- Schedule - Students will follow a daily schedule of classes similar to WSD in-person classrooms.
- Teamwork - Students and their teachers will participate in real-time virtual classrooms, small group settings, and one-on-one check-ins.
- Accountability - Parents will have real-time access to their student’s progress and workload.
- Standards Alignment: Courses aligned with district, state, and national standards
- Assessments - WIA students will participate in Washington State and Wenatchee School District testing. Specific location/time arrangements will be made with the teacher.
- Technology - WSD will provide a district-issued device (Chromebook or iPad) for all students enrolled. Although home devices are allowed, we recommend using a district device to ensure the operating system is up to date and compatible with WSD systems and apps. Tech support will be provided by the district.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.