APPLICATION PROCESS OPTIONS:
1) You may obtain the application at this link.
2) Or you may request and/or submit your application through this Email: email@example.com
3) Or you may pickup a hard copy of the application packet at the District Office: 235 Sunset Ave., Wenatchee WA 98801
You may submit your application by using any of the below:
*Mailing applications to PO Box 1767, Wenatchee, WA 98807-1767
*Dropping off applications at 235 Sunset Ave., Wenatchee WA 98801
*Emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
TIMELINE FOR SELECTING A NEW SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER
• March 22, 2016 Formally accepted Jesús Hernández resignation
• March 30, 2016 Applications open for position - Newspaper Notice and on WSD Website
• April 22, 2016 Applications close end of business day at 4:30 pm
• April 25-29, 2016 School board members screen applicants and select candidates to interview
• May 2-6, 2016 Special Board Meeting (Date TBD) – Board interviews candidates Executive Session
Special Board Meeting – Board announces appointment of the new school board member
• May 10, 2016 New School Board Member takes the Oath of Office Regular Board Meeting
Key Functions of the Board
Acting on behalf of the people of each community, the school board will fulfill the following functions:
The board, with participation by the community, will envision the future of the school district's educational program and formulate goals, define outcomes and set the course for the school district. This will be done within the context of racial, ethnic and religious diversity and with a commitment to education excellence and equity for all students.
Creating Conditions for Student and Staff Success:
To achieve the vision, the board will establish a structure which reflects local circumstances and creates an environment designed to ensure all students the opportunity to attain their maximum potential through a sound organizational framework. This includes employing a superintendent, developing and approving policies, formulating budgets, setting high instructional and learning goals for staff and students, and nurturing a climate conducive to continuous improvement.
High Expectations for Student Learning
The board will continuously articulate the belief that all students can learn and that each student’s learning can improve regardless of existing circumstances or resources. The board will act as leaders of a vision of shared learning that is supported by individual schools and the community.
Accountability for Student Learning:
The board's accountability for student learning will include adopting a system of continuous assessment of all conditions affecting education, including assessments for measuring staff and student progress towards goals. The public will be kept informed about programs and progress. Staff and board training will be provided to ensure continuous improvement of student achievement.
The board will serve as education's key advocate on behalf of students and their schools. The board will work to advance the community's vision for its schools, pursue the district's goals, encourage progress and energize systemic change and ensure that students are treated as whole persons in a diversified society.