From the Desk of the Principal
December 10, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians,
During the month of January, students at Mission View will take an assessment in i-Ready. The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive test that adjusts its questions to fit your child’s needs. It will take a few sessions to complete the i-Ready Diagnostic assessment. We will start and stop as often as it takes to keep your child happily engaged. Interactive items will provide fun for the children. Each item a student sees is individualized based on his or her answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will result in slightly easier questions. Your child’s effort on this test is very important. The i-Ready Diagnostic provides students with lessons based on their individual skill level and needs, so your child can learn at a pace that is just right for him or her.
What can I do to help?
To help prepare your child for the i-Ready Diagnostic, encourage them to:
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast the day of the assessment.
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush.
- Try not to worry about questions they do not know—remind them that it is expected they will get about half of the questions correct.
- Use paper and a pencil to show work for math questions and take notes for reading questions.
- Be respectful of other students who take longer to finish.
As always, thank you for your continued support and for being a partner in your child’s learning! Mission View looks forward to providing a learning experience that will attract and hold your child’s interest while teaching important skills and concepts.
If you have any questions about i-Ready, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher. You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
Mission View Principal