A new schedule will be implemented for the 2020-2021 school year. The updated schedule changes the elementary day to 7:45 AM - 2:30 PM, Tuesday through Friday, and has the middle and high schools starting approximately one hour later. Under the new schedule late start Mondays will continue. The purpose of this change is to address transportation safety and logistical challenges while increasing route efficiencies. Brain research supports later start times for older children resulting in academic gains in math and literacy.
The schedule was presented during the school board's June 9th regular meeting and will continue to be fine-tuned by District staffers. A finalized version will be made available later in June.
New Start and End Times for 2020-2021 School Year
- Elementary schools will start at 7:45 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m.
- Foothills, Pioneer and Orchard middle schools will start at 8:50 a.m. and end at 3:35 p.m.
- Wenatchee High School will start at 8:40 a.m. and end at 3:25 p.m.
- WestSide High School will start at 8:35 a.m. and end at 3:20 p.m.
- Wenatchee Valley Technical Skills Center’s morning session will run from 8:40 to 11:25 a.m. The afternoon session will run 12:35 to 3:05 p.m.
- Castlerock Early Learning Center’s morning session will run from 7:45 to 10:15 a.m. The afternoon session will run 11:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.