- Have a parent or guardian call or notify the Tech Center Office if you will be absent or late to your class (662.8827).
- If a parent/guardian does not call to excuse your absence, you must bring a note signed by a parent/guardian or school official to the Tech Center Office.
- You have 48 hours after returning to school to bring a note excusing the absence. Unexcused absences after 48 hours will be dealt with as truancy.
- If you are scheduled to be in class at your home high school and a Tech Center class at the same time, the home high school will take precedence.
- If there is NO class scheduled at your home high school but the Tech Center is in session, students are expected to attend the scheduled class at the Tech Center.
- If you choose to attend any activities associated with your home high school, your attendance will not be negatively impacted if you notify the Tech Center instructor or attendance office in advance.
- You will be held accountable for all work missed.
- We must have parent/guardian permission for you to leave campus earlier than the scheduled time. TAKE THE PERMISSION LETTER TO THE TECH CENTER MAIN OFFICE FIRST, AND THEN GIVE THE PASS FROM THE MAIN OFFICE TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR. If a student does not check out of school with the instructor and the Tech Center Main Office before leaving campus for an appointment or for any parent-excused reason, they may be assigned an intervention resulting in a two-hour detention.
Home School Options
Students who attend the Tech Center are exposed to many benefits that other students may not receive, such as:
- Earning College Credit
- Obtaining Industry Certification
- Participating in On-Site Internships
In addition, home school students can:
- Earn required occupational education credit for graduation
- Earn high school credits; and
- Earn equivalency credits for certain academic courses
You will also gain valuable skills at no cost to you and you will save money on college tuition and other training.
How do I enroll at Wenatchee Valley Technical Skills Center?
Home school students must be at least 15 years old and/or have a high school junior or senior standing.
Enroll through “resident” high school (sending school). A counselor signature from the sending school is required on the Tech Center Application.
- Complete a Tech Center application.
- Provide a copy of the “Intent to Home School” form (filed at your resident school district office).
- Complete and sign the CIS Form (Washington State Department of Health Certificate of Immunization Status).
- Complete and sign the WSD Health Form.
- Return all documents to the Tech Center at your earliest convenience.
- Wait for notification of acceptance letter to be mailed to your home address.
Applied Math equivalency credits are awarded on a PER SEMESTER basis. The Science, English, History, Fine Arts & Phys Ed equivalency credits are awarded on a PER YEAR basis.
For the 2016-17 School Year, if a student registers anytime after SEPTEMBER 15, 2016, they are not eligible for the Science, English, History, Fine Arts or Phys Ed Equivalency Credits for the entire school year.
Below are the cutoff dates for credits available through the 2016-17 school year...
August 30, 2016 to September 16, 2016
1.5 credits for 1st Semester + 1.5 credits for 2nd Semester
September 19, 2016 to October 7, 2016
1.0 credits for 1st Semester + 1.5 credits for 2nd Semester
October 10, 2016 to October 31, 2016
0.75 credits for 1st Semester + 1.5 credits for 2nd Semester
November 1, 2016 to December 16, 2016
0.5 credits for 1st Semester + 1.5 credits for 2nd Semester
January 3, 2017 to January 26, 2017
0.0 credits for 1st Semester + 1.5 credits for 2nd Semester
January 27, 2017 to February 17, 2017
1.5 credits for 2nd Semester
February 21, 2017 to March 10, 2017
1.0 credits for 2nd Semester
March 13, 2017 to March 31, 2017
0.75 credits for 2nd Semester
April 10, 2017 to May 12, 2017
0.5 credits for 2nd Semester
May 15, 2017 to June 9, 2017
0.0 credits for 2nd Semester
- About WVTSC
- Apply Here
- Program Guides
Programs at Wenatchee Valley Tech
- Automotive Technology
- Cinematography & Production
- Collision Repair Technology
- Computer Technology/Robotics
- Construction Trades
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Culinary Arts
- Fire Science
- Videogame Programming
- CAP - Credit Acceleration Program
- Transportation to WVTSC
- Equivalency Credits Available at WVTSC
- Tech Prep
- WVTSC Parent Links
- WVTSC Student Links
- WVTSC Staff Links
- WVTSC Staff Directory
- Services to the General Public
- Fun at the Tech Center
- See us in the NEWSPAPER
- Past Events at WVTSC
- Next Guest Chef Dinner - Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Photo Galleries
- WVTSC Entrepreneurship
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.