Welcome to the Foothills Athletics
Wenatchee School District Athletics Philosophy
Foothills School Office: 509-664-8961
School Fax: 509-663-6610
Participation, performance and competition within the middle school athletic program will focus on the opportunity for students to perform and develop skills to the best of their abilities.
The philosophy will direct program structure and outcomes in the following areas:
- Provide the opportunity for as many students as possible to participate and enjoy their involvement in a sport activity.
- Provide the beginning level and advanced level participant with appropriate skill development opportunities.
- Provide the opportunity for all students participating to play at an appropriate level.
Goals & Objectives
- Participation: Involve as many students as possible by providing teams as needed within the sports program. The emphasis will be to promote the socialization needs of the participants and to increase their enjoyment of the activity.
- Skill Development: Provide a coordinated instructional sequence for the introduction of basic and advanced skills. Emphasis will be placed on the mastery learning of skills in order to prepare students for their next level of involvement.
- Performance Opportunities: Participants will play at an appropriate competition level through jamborees, tournaments and a league schedule.
- Psychological Development: Promote character attributes related to self-discipline, responsibility, work ethic, goal setting and the self-worth of each individual.
- Competition Levels: Athletic teams at each school will be formed into two levels plus the sixth grade program.
- Movement between levels is permitted when a participant has improved based on the selection criteria and in the case of injury, extended illness or when a student has problems in citizenship, attitude and work ethic.
For more information contact the Foothills Office at 509-664-8961.