2021 Summer School Parent Survey
It has been great having your child in our summer school program. We are interested in learning more about your thoughts, feelings, and attitudes towards your child's summer school experience.
Please be as honest as possible - there are no right or wrong answers and we appreciate constructive feedback.
Encuesta para Padres de Escuela de Verano 2021
Spanish Parent Survey
Ha sido un placer tener a su hijo/a en el la escuela de verano. Estamos interesados en aprender como se siente y sus pensamientos en cuanto a la experiencia que su hijo tuvo durante la escuela de verano.
Sea lo mas honesto posible: no hoy respuestas correctas o incorrectas y agradecmos sus comentarios constructivos.
Extreme Heat Information
Extreme heat is in the forecast for Wenatchee. We are making safety plans and taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe while attending summer school programs. Please read the following information so you and your student are prepared for a safe and healthy start to summer school.
Summer School Extreme Heat Information for Parents and Families
Online Summer School: Grades 2-3 Zoom Link
Summer School Parent Night Video 06/23/21
K-5 Summer School
Built on a foundation of experiential learning and high levels of engagement the K-5 summer school program will help address learning gaps, provide enrichment experiences, supports health and wellness and creates opportunities for scholars to learn and grow. The summer program is a way to keep younger students connected to learning during the summer in a safe, supportive environment where they can learn, grow and build relationships.
Summer school is free and open to all K-5 students in the Wenatchee School District. Breakfast and lunch and bus transportation will be provided.
Dates and Times: June 28 - July 29, Monday-Thursday, 8am - 12pm
July 5th - NO SCHOOL - Independence Day Observed
- In-Person (Lincoln Elementary, Washington Elementary)
- Virtual School - Will receive identical academic programming as on-site.
Summer School Contact Information:
Lincoln: (509) 663-5710
Washington: (509) 662-5504
Contact the Wenatchee School District Special Programs office at (509) 662-9634.
Additional programming may be available through the 21st Century Program for grades 2-5 enrolled at Columbia, Lewis & Clark, Lincoln, Mission View and Newbery. See details below.
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Our After School Expanded Learning Programs will offer summer programs for all Wenatchee middle school students that focus on hands-on educational, cultural, enrichment and recreational opportunities. Our goal is to provide a safe, supervised and enriching environment during Out of School Time to increase students’ academic achievement, school and community connectedness, physical activity and social/life skills. See below for details.
High School (Grades 9-12)
Whether your student is looking to expand their learning or get back on track academically, WSD summer programs have options available to meet both needs.
Wenatchee Valley Tech Summer Academy
Explore a variety of career connected learning programs at Wenatchee Valley Tech this summer. Classes will be offered in; Automotive, Collision Repair, Cosmetology, Digital Media Arts, Videogame Programming, Criminal Justice, Fire Science, Culinary and Construction.
There is no charge to attend the WV Tech Summer Academy. Students will need to arrange their own transportation. The Tech center can provide Link Transit bus passes if needed.
Dates: June 14 - July 1
Times: Two sessions are offered 8:00 am to 11:00 am or 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Students will attend in-person for an AM or PM session and be online for the second part.
Registration: Space is limited. Applications are available on the WV Tech website or by calling WV Tech at (509) 662-8827
Apply to the WV Tech Summer Academy
Credit recovery and completion
High School students with incomplete grades and those in need of credit retrieval will benefit from targeted summer learning support to help them get back on track. Qualifying students will be contacted through the Counseling department and other support staff at their school for more information.
After School Summer (ASP) Programs
Elementary After School Programs (ASP)
Summer 2021 Programs
- 4 weeks of summer activities for ASP members grades 2-5
- June 14-June 24 8-4:00 p.m.
- June 28-July 8 12-4 p.m.
- Students attending Summer Programs at Lincoln or Washington are transported to ASP Summer Program at 12 p.m.
- Registration in Summer Programs is not required for the ASP Summer Program.
- Activities are IN-PERSON at school and include field trips.
- Lunch and snacks provided to all students
- ASP students with consistent attendance in After School Programs will receive registration priority. Only 25 students can participate per school!
- Elementary (2-5) ASP Summer Programs Flyer (PDF)
Middle School After School Programs (ASP)
Summer 2021 Programs
- June 14-June 24 9-3:00 p.m.
- 25 students per middle school (for Orchard and Pioneer, priority is given to ASP students)
- Programs for all enrolled students will be on-site at Pioneer Middle school with field trips
- Lunch and snacks are provided
- Transportation is available
- Complete the interest form or you can call the school site coordinator if your student attends Orchard or Pioneer's After School Programs.
- Middle School ASP Summer Programs Flyer (PDF)
Questions about Summer Programs?
Special Programs Department