Welcome to the Wenatchee School District Transportation Department
"Where safety is our job"
Department goal: The Transportation Department strives to create a safe and enjoyable climate on the buses. Our children are this nation's greatest resource, and their safety must be our highest priority.
1201 Millerdale Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
The purpose of the audit is for us to collect important bus rider data that will help us provide better service to our students and families. Data collected during the study will enhance safety and communication protocols, and inform our transition to a new, more efficient transportation routing and tracking system in the coming year.
During this week, Wenatchee School District operational technology staff will be riding buses on both morning and afternoon routes to assist with collecting data. As students get on and off the bus, they will sign-in and out with tech staff using a barcode scanner or keypad.
How information will be collected:
Middle and high school students will need to provide either their ID card or enter their student ID numbers into a keypad upon entering and exiting the bus. Parents and guardians are asked to remind their students to carry their ID cards or write down their ID number in the event they have difficulty remembering it.
- Elementary students will be provided with barcode cards that will be affixed to their backpacks at school. The card will be scanned by staff upon entering and exiting the bus. Please do not remove the cards from your child’s bag the week of February 10-14.
- We appreciate our parents' support and cooperation as we work to improve the school transportation experience. Questions or concerns about the transportation audit can be directed to the Wenatchee School District Transportation Department at (509) 662-6168.
NOW HIRING DRIVERS
Our bus drivers are an integral part of the community. They're committed to safety and customer service and have genuine, caring attitudes towards all students. Driving is a rewarding experience and is ideal for retirees, parents with children in the district or anyone looking for additional income.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING 2019-2020 BUS ROUTES*
1. Route numbers have changed. Route numbers will be posted on each bus. Do not assume that your student will be riding the same bus/route.
2. Stop times have changed.
3. This year there will be only ONE bus from Pioneer Middle School and the Wenatchee High School to Mission View Elementary.
4. All students need to be at their stops AT LEAST 5 minutes early.
PLEASE CALL THE TRANSPORTATION OFFICE TO FIND OUT THE ROUTE SCHEDULE 509-662-6168
For Bus Route Information contact Dev Hall.
For Field Trip Information or Scheduling contact Tiffany Farris.