Q. I need sack lunches for an upcoming field trip. How do I go about ordering some?
- First determine how many students need sack lunches. If an entire grade level will attend the field trip please get one total for all students attending (not class by class totals). To help you with this you may use our Send Home Order Form (in English and Spanish) or any other means of your choosing to get a head count. WSD is an equal opportunity provider so please offer sack lunches to all of your students not just students you think may receive free or reduced priced meals. Please be aware that all lunches will be charged for, either to the student who ordered it or to your program/building so please order carefully.
- Then place your order.
For detailed directions, please check out the "sack lunches" tab located on the left hand side of your screen.
Please plan ahead as we need ten (10) days advance notice for sack lunch orders. 3) The lunches will be available to you in your school’s kitchen on the day of your trip. Contact the server or the kitchen manager at your building for more details.
Important Note: Because of National School Lunch Requirements, you are required to do the following in order to pick up your lunches:
- Your students must go through the “Service Line” just like at the normal meal times before you leave on your trip in order for us to charge each student’s account for their meal at the Point of Sale computer. The same Free, Reduced and Paid rules and criteria apply for sack lunches as they do with regular lunches.
- At the end of the line each student will receive his or her lunch. We cannot allow you to take the lunches unless specific arrangements have been made with Chris Lutgen, Director of Food Services. Be sure to make arrangements with your building’s cashier so they can be ready to ring up the student meals when you are ready to go.
Q. How do I go about ordering catering services for my upcoming meeting?
A. Contact Chris Lutgen, Director of Food Services via email at Chris Lutgen or by calling 662-9345. Reservations can be made Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Please try to give us 10 days advanced notice whenever possible.
Q. How do I apply to be a Food Service Substitute?
A. Call 663-8161 and ask for Kelly Lopez, Substitute Coordinator for all the details. You can also visit her in person at the District office at 235 Sunset Avenue (located behind Orchard Middle School).
Q. How do I apply to be considered for the Free and Reduced Price Meal Program?
- Pick up an application at your child’s school, the District Office or the Food Service office or download one here: English Spanish
- Fill it out and return it to your child’s school office (be sure to fill it out carefully and completely as errors or incomplete apps take longer to process).
- By law we have ten (10) working days to process your application but it often takes much less time. You will receive a letter in the mail notifying you of our determination.
Q. What is for Lunch or Breakfast today?
A. We post our menus on-line!
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.