Skip to Main Content
Nurses/Student Health

Immunization Information and Vaccine Preventable Illnesses


The Wenatchee School District uses School Module, an online system provided by the Washington State Department of Health.  

The School Module allows us to quickly and efficiently check if your child has the vaccines required for school. This saves us time on finding and entering vaccination dates and frees up time to work with students. 

Most children born and/or vaccinated in Washington already have their information in the system. You can access your child’s record at any time by signing up for MyIR at   

If your child is missing vaccines in the system, we may ask for a copy of their immunization record.  If the Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form is not signed, we may ask for the CIS to be signed by a parent or guardian and returned to your child’s school. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your child's school nurse.   

Thank you for your partnership! 

What's required? 

What are “Medically Verified” Records?

Medically-verified immunization records are required for schools (and child care centers) to prove immunity.

Immunization records now need to be printed from the IIS or MyIR or have additional verification.
Medically verified records include one of the following:

  • A Certificate of Immunization (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
  • A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
  • A physical copy of the CIS with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
  • A CIS printed from MyIR

What is the Tdap requirement?

The requirement for Tdap dose changed from grades 6-12 to grades 7-12 in fall 2020. All students in 7th grade must have received their Tdap dose on or after age 10.

All students entering 7th through 12th grades must have one booster dose of Tdap.

Students in 8th through 12th grades can meet the requirement if they had a dose administered as early as age 7. Students in grades 8 through 12 are grandfathered in because they were vaccinated under the previous immunization guidelines.

What options are available for students who do not meet the requirements?

Children can be granted conditional status into school or child care who are making progress towards completing their immunization requirements. Children may begin school or child care only if they received all the required immunizations, they are due to receive and submitted medically verified records on or before the first day of attendance.

If additional immunizations are needed after receiving all immunizations, they are eligible to receive before starting school, children may start school or child care in conditional status and remain until the next dose becomes due. Children then have 30 calendar days to turn in updated records showing they received missing doses. If additional doses are due, conditional status continues until all required immunizations are complete. If the 30 days pass without updated records, the child will be excluded from school. 

Are there still exemptions?

A policy was updated to align with a recent state law change that removed the personal/philosophical exemptions for the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine. The rule also removes the need for parents or guardians to specify their religious membership on the Certificate of Exemption.

Information about exemptions is available from the Washington State Department of Health

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Disease and Prevention

The Washington State Legislature requires us to make information available to you about human papillomavirus (HPV). Know the facts about these diseases and the vaccines available to protect your child.

What is HPV?

HPV is a common virus. Most people exposed to HPV will never develop health issues. But for others, HPV causes major health problems, including cervical, anal, vulvar, mouth, and throat cancer. Most infected people have no symptoms and may spread the virus without knowing it. HPV spreads mainly through sexual contact.

How can I protect my child from HPV?

Make sure your child gets the HPV vaccine. The vaccine is highly effective. The best time to get it is before sexual activity ever starts. The HPV vaccine can prevent infection from some of the most common and serious types of HPV that cause cancer and genital warts. The vaccine does not get rid of existing HPV infections.

Who should get the vaccine and when should they get it?

Three doses of HPV vaccine are recommended for all boys and girls starting at ages 11 to 12. It is recommended for females up to age 26 and for men up to age 21. In addition to HPV vaccine, your 11 to 12 year-old should receive Tdap and meningococcal vaccines.

Where can I find the HPV vaccine?

Ask your doctor, nurse, or area pharmacist about the vaccine and where you can get it.

For more information on HPV, the vaccine, and cervical cancer, you can visit the following websites:
Washington State Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
American Cancer Society


Meningococcal Disease and Prevention

The Washington State Legislature requires us to make information available to you about meningococcal disease. Know the facts about these diseases and the vaccines available to protect your child.

What is meningococcal disease?

Meningococcal disease is a serious bacterial infection. Fortunately, this life-threatening illness is rare, with only 20-50 cases reported each year in Washington. The most common symptoms of the disease include fever, cough, headache, and rash. It can cause meningitis (swelling of the covering of the brain and spinal cord). The disease spreads through close contact with an infected person. Teens and young adults are more likely to get meningococcal disease, especially if they live in group settings like college dorms.

How can I protect my child from meningococcal disease?

The meningococcal vaccine, or MCV4, prevents against four types of the disease. It is recommended for all children between 11 and 12 years of age, and again at 16 to 18 years of age.

Where can I find the meningococcal vaccine?

Talk to your doctor, nurse, or area pharmacist to learn more. Washington offers free vaccines to kids through age 18. Providers may charge an office visit fee or administration fee to give the vaccine. People who can’t afford these fees can ask to have them waived.

For more information about meningococcal disease and how to prevent it, you can visit the following websites:
Washington State Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Upcoming Events

June 4

Interagency Meeting

10:30 AM - 12:00 PM

June 6

PAC Board Meeting

5:30 PM - 7:30 PM

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.