Equity Program Review
The Wenatchee School District has partnered with Education Northwest, a regional education research firm, to conduct an equity review in our district. This review came about through the thoughtful discussion of our school board and was also identified as an important action step in our newly adopted strategic plan which aims to improve academic outcomes for students.
Together, we will:
- Explore district culture, policies, and practices to identify potential opportunity gaps, particularly related to race, language, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and other significant factors
- Identify access points the district can address to ensure that each child has the tools, resources, and opportunities to succeed in school and be ready for the future
- Uncover opportunities to promote positive academic outcomes for all students, including the Big Six Future Ready Outcomes in our strategic plan.
The objective of the Wenatchee School District district-wide equity review is to determine short-and long-term priorities to achieve the district’s equity goals and to support each student’s progress towards the outcomes identified in our strategic plan.
During the review, the Education Northwest team will collaborate with district representatives, school board members, educators, students, families, and community members to assess the extent to which conditions, opportunities, and resources in the following areas are accessible and equitable for all students:
- Curriculum policies, materials, and resources
- Discipline policies, materials, and resources
- Instructional policies and teaching practices
- Hiring and recruitment policies and practices
- Access to learning opportunities
We will explore these areas of focus by collecting information through a combination of different activities.
- Review of curricular materials
- Review of policies related to discipline, curriculum adoption, instruction, human resources, and learning access
- Interviews and focus groups with students, educators, administrators, families, and community members
- Analysis of student data
- Analysis of hiring data
- Surveys of students, educators, and families
The equity program review will take place from January through June 2022. At the end of the process, Education Northwest will share a final report and host working sessions with partners to make meaning of the findings and translate them into recommendations.
Education Northwest will engage the Wenatchee School District and community at every phase of the review. District leaders have convened a working group that includes students, educators, parents, school board members, and community members. This group will provide feedback throughout the process, including the planning, collecting data, and reporting stages.
Education Northwest will share findings regularly with the community. To make sure the review process itself is equitable, Education Northwest will center transparency and community collaboration at every stage.
We will share updates via the district’s communication systems, and we are always available to hear your feedback.
- Board Meetings
- Meeting Summary Reports
- District-Based School Board Elections
- Email the Board & Superintendent
- Equity Review
- Live Meeting Broadcast
- Meet the Board
- Policies and Procedures
- Strategic Plan (opens in new window)
- Superintendent Search
- Board Norms and Operating Principles
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.