Skip to Main Content
School Closure

School Closure Information
Información sobre el cierre de la escuela

Proposed Closure of Columbia Elementary 

The Wenatchee School District is considering consolidating our elementary schools from seven to six, which includes possibly closing Columbia Elementary at the end of the 2023-2024 school year. We understand that this decision is difficult for our students and families, and we want to assure you that it is not taken lightly. We recognize the exceptional learning experience and joy that Columbia has provided for many decades, and we appreciate the memories and experiences that have been shared by students, families, and staff.

We want to provide you with as much information as possible to ease the potential transition and help our families prepare. To do so, we have created this website to share pertinent information about the possible closure and specific information for parents about the next steps. Please keep in mind that the Board will not make a final decision until May 14, 2024. We will continue to keep you informed and provide support throughout this process.

Cierre propuesto de la escuela primaria Columbia

El Distrito Escolar de Wenatchee está considerando consolidar nuestras escuelas primarias de siete a seis, lo que incluye posiblemente cerrar la Primaria Columbia al final del año escolar 2023-2024. Entendemos que esta decisión es difícil para nuestros estudiantes y familias y queremos asegurarles que no se toma a la ligera. Reconocemos la experiencia de aprendizaje excepcional y la alegría que Columbia ha brindado durante muchas décadas, y apreciamos los recuerdos y experiencias que han compartido los estudiantes, las familias y el personal.

Queremos brindarle la mayor cantidad de información posible para facilitar la posible transición y ayudar a nuestras familias a prepararse. Para ello, hemos creado este sitio web para compartir información pertinente sobre el posible cierre e información específica para los padres sobre los próximos pasos. Tenga en cuenta que la Junta no tomará una decisión final hasta el 14 de mayo de 2024. Continuaremos manteniéndolo informado y brindándole apoyo durante todo este proceso.

Upcoming Events

April 15

Board Workshop

1:00 PM

April 16

Interagency Meeting

10:30 AM - 12:00 PM

April 17

Multilingual Parent Night

5:00 PM - 7:00 PM

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.