Wenatchee School District is currently accepting new in and out-of-district choice applications for the 2023-24 school year. However, due to budgetary constraints, new choice applications will be closely evaluated, and approvals may be limited.
If you are having trouble viewing PDF files, please download Adobe Reader.
Information for 2023-2024
If your choice is approved for the building you choose and you would like to attend a different building, you must re-apply for choice for that building.
Choice is a program that manages students who wish to transfer from one school to another within our District or from outside the District. The Wenatchee School District School Board has recently approved changes to policy No. 3131 (In-District Transfers) & 3141 (Non-Resident Students) regarding school Choice. These changes will help with major issues the district has been experiencing such as, buildings becoming full, large class sizes, and requests being denied yet parents appealing those denials.
- The open window for submitting Choice applications for the 2023-2024 school year is February 1 through April 25. Any in-district applications that are received after this period will be put on a “waitlist” and will not be considered during the choice acceptance meeting. Out-of-District choice requests received after the open period will be denied with the option of being placed on a waitlist if the parent desires.
- For grades 1 though 8, parents will be notified of Choice request decisions (approval/denials) by mid-May. Choice decisions for Kindergarten students will not happen until the end of August. Late notice is necessary to ensure that students who reside within the school boundaries have registered and Choice acceptance does not create class overloads.
- Because class size limits cannot be exceeded, appeals will not be heard if a student’s Choice application is denied due to lack of space availability. To put it simply, we cannot make a class “less full” in order to accept more kids.
- Daycare location will not be considered a “special hardship” when determining Choice acceptance.
In-District Transfer Request
Parents/Guardians or students who wish to transfer to a school outside of his or her boundary attendance area but still within the Wenatchee school district must complete a In-District Transfer Request. Click here for a current boundary map. Please read the In-District Transfer Reference Guide for important information and timelines.
- CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR 2023-2024 In-District Transfer Request Online Application
- Policy #3131 - District Attendance Area Transfers
- Procedure #3131- District Attendance Area Transfers
If you do not have access to the internet please complete the In-District Transfer Request Form linked below and submit it to Wenatchee School District Office at 235 Sunset Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801. In District pdf application English Printable / Spanish Printable
Non-Resident Choice Transfer Request
Parents/Guardians or Students who wish to transfer to the Wenatchee School District must complete a CHOICE Transcript Request. The CHOICE Transfer Request may be obtained from the resident school district or you can submit an online request in the portal below. Please read the Non-Resident Transfer Reference Guide for important information and timelines
Out-Of-District Choice Online Transfer Portal (Please make sure you choose the correct school year for your request.)
Resident Students Wanting to Choice Out of the Wenatchee School District (including online schools)
Non-Resident Families can electronically file a Choice Transfer Request or annually renew your Non-Resident Choice status using the online Choice Transfer Portal.
If you do not have access to the internet please complete and submit the Choice Transfer Request form to the Wenatchee School District Office at 235 Sunset Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801.
- Student Registration
- Kindergarten Registration
- Choice Enrollment
- Update Contact Information
- McKinney Vento (Homeless Assistance)
- Student Ethnicity Form
- Healthy Youth Survey
- Home Language Survey
- Foster Care Assistance
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Student Records
- Daybreak Teletherapy
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.