Foster Care Assistance
In the Wenatchee School District, “We promise to build a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusion from which each student emerges future-ready.”
Below is a list of staffing assigned responsibilities related to students in Foster Care. Unless specific to a respective student or building, please direct all questions or concerns to one of the District Foster Care Liaisons who can be reached at 509.663.8161.
District Foster Care Liaisons
District Foster Care Liaison essential duties:
- Coordination of Building Points-of-Contact and related training.
- Coordinate training, materials, and resources to be issued at all buildings.
- Collaboration with DCYF, Treehouse Advocacy, and other community partners.
- Coordination of best interest determinations and dispute resolutions.
- Coordination of costs related to transportation needs.
Building Foster Care Points-of-Contact
- Columbia - Elizabeth Detamore
- Lewis & Clark - Adela Valaas
- Lincoln - Aaron MacKenzie
- Mission View - Justin Nielson
- John Newbery - Ernie Garza
- Sunnyslope - Dave Perkins
- Washington - Cody Wright
- Foothills MS - Hailey Martin
- Orchard MS - Danielle Bailey
- Pioneer MS - Tim Trainor
- Wenatchee HS - Sarah Breiler
- Westside HS - Jan Bullock
- Valley Academy - Greg Lovercamp
Building Foster Care Points-of-Contact essential duties:
- Learn the basics about Foster eligibility and support.
- Help gather details to help with identification and assess needs of students in Foster Care.
- Communicate between school staff, student support teams, parents/caregivers, etc.
- Tracking your Foster student: address and contact changes; housing changes; etc.
- Work with staff within your building to ensure communication of changes or concerns.
- Facilitate training and related activities at your building.
- Develop relationships with the students and families to help guide them to resources and support.
- Help plan for transitions as students enter or exit Foster Care.