A parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district in accordance with Policy and Procedure 3131. For detailed information on school board policies and procedures click here.
Parents/Guardians or students who wish to transfer to a school outside of his or her boundary attendance area but still within the Wenatchee school district must complete In-District Transfer Request form (available Feb. 1).
In-District Transfer Request Forms can be picked up at any local school or at the district office. Completed forms must be turned in to the Wenatchee School District, 235 Sunset Ave. Wenatchee, WA 98801.
An In-District transfer request is limited to one (1) school request for one (1) school per academic year. For families that move to a new residence during the year, a corrected application must be filed with the new address.
NOTE: For school/grade space availability, visit the district’s choice website. The website will be updated on a regular basis. If space is not available, the request will go directly to a waitlist.
The open enrollment window for all grades is February 1 to March 31.
Parents/Guardians or Students who submit a transfer request after the open enrollment window are placed on the waitlist.
Written notification of each in-district applicant’s placement status is mailed to the parent/guardian’s address by:
- Mid May for grades 1-8 and
- One (1) week prior to the start of school for Kindergartners.
Students that do not receive an approved transfer request or denial letter by the dates mentioned above will be placed on the requested school’s waitlist in the order received.
The district office/school will contact waitlist applicants as space becomes available. Class size numbers will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
The district may deny any request for an in-district transfer, including a request for a child of a full-time certificated or classified employee that is not employed at the requested school, if:
- The student's disciplinary records indicate a history of convictions for offenses or crimes, violent or disruptive behavior, or gang membership;
- The student has been expelled or suspended from a public school for more than ten consecutive days;
- Enrollment of the student would displace a child who is a resident within the respective residential area for the school;
- The student has repeatedly failed to comply with requirements for participation in an online school program, such as participating in weekly direct contact with the teacher or monthly progress evaluations;
- Acceptance of a student would result in the district experiencing a financial hardship; or
- Acceptance of the student would conflict with RCW 28A.340.080.
In the event, the request for an in-district transfer has not been denied for one of the above reasons, the district will approve, deny or place on a waitlist an application for in-district transfer based upon a priority system. For the priority system list please refer to policy 3131.
Students on the waitlist must enroll or continue enrollment at their residential school until receipt of an acceptance letter to the transfer requested school.
Parents do not need to apply for a transfer request on an annual basis, a transfer shall be effective for whatever length of time as is desired at the approved transfer school.
Transfers of elementary school students shall not carry over into middle schools. Parents must reapply for students entering middle school.
Transfer requests may be revoked at the end of a grading period if the student has difficulties with attendance, disciplinary problems, expulsions or suspensions, unsatisfactory academic progress, or overcrowding at the grade level.
For a complete copy of policy and procedure No. 3131, please visit the WSD website.
- Student Registration
- Kindergarten Registration
- In-District Registration Form
- Choice Enrollment
- Update Contact Information
- Student Ethnicity Forms
- School Start Up Forms
- McKinney Vento (Homeless Assistance)
- Foster Care Assistance
- Family Services
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Flyer Distribution
- Student Records
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.