Non-Resident students may seek a transfer request to the Wenatchee School District (WSD) within the District in accordance with Policy 3141. For detailed information on school board policies please click here.
Parents/Guardians or students who wish to transfer to the WSD must complete a CHOICE Transfer Request form. The CHOICE Transfer Request may be obtained from the resident school district. The resident district will submit the request electronically to WSD.
To enter a Non-Resident Online Choice Request Click Here. Please make sure you choose the correct school year for your request.
NOTE: For school/grade space availability visit the district’s choice website. The website will be updated on a regular basis.
The open enrollment window for all grades is February 1 to March 31.
Parents/Guardians or Students who submit a transfer request after the open enrollment window are placed on a waitlist.
Transfer requests received after the start of the school year will be placed on the waitlist and we will contact applicants as space becomes available. Class size numbers will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Students will be accepted after the anticipated needs of resident students are met first.
Parents/Guardians or students will be notified via email as the applications are accepted or denied.
The enrollment of a nonresident student is limited to one (1) school year. CHOICE Transfers must be renewed annually for the following school year.
The district may deny any request for a non-resident transfer, including a request for a child of a full-time certificated or classified employee that is not employed at the requested school, if:
- The student's disciplinary records indicate a history of convictions for offenses or crimes, violent or disruptive behavior, or gang membership;
- The student has been expelled or suspended from a public school for more than ten consecutive days;
- Enrollment of the student would displace a child who is a resident within the respective residential area for the school;
- The student has repeatedly failed to comply with requirements for participation in an online school program, such as participating in weekly direct contact with the teacher or monthly progress evaluations;
- Acceptance of a student would result in the district experiencing a financial hardship; or
- Acceptance of the student would conflict with RCW 28A.340.080.
In the event, the request for a non-resident transfer has not been denied for one of the above reasons, the district will approve, deny or place on a waitlist an application for a non-resident transfer based upon a priority system. For the priority system list please refer to policy 3141.
Students who request a CHOICE transfer must enroll or continue enrollment at their resident district until receipt of acceptance letter to the transfer requested school.
Transfer requests may be revoked at the end of a grading period if the student has difficulties with attendance, disciplinary problems, expulsions or suspensions, unsatisfactory academic progress, or overcrowding at the grade level.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.