Wenatchee School District's Homeless Education Program is in place to address and support the educational needs of students who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This includes students who are:
- Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason
- Living in motels or campgrounds due to lack of alternative living accommodations
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Abandoned in hospitals
- Living in places that are not regular sleeping accommodations for people, such as cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations or similar settings
- Migratory and unaccompanied youth living in any of the above situations
Our goal is to ensure that students are able to fully participate in school. Including participation in school-related extracurricular activities and sports.
We value our community partners. Our program collaborates with community agencies to assist and refer families and unaccompanied youth. All with the goal of ensuring educational stability for students in short-term/temporary and transitional/homeless housing situations.
- End of Year Letter English / Spanish
- Parent Poster English / Spanish
- Student Housing Questionnaire English / Spanish
To contact Transportation Services please call: 509-662-6168
If you have a student/child who may qualify for our Program's assistance and services or would like more information, please contact one of our Homeless Education Liaisons below:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.