Sara Adamy, Benefits Coordinator
School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program
Get ready to enroll in the SEBB Program January 1, 2020!
What is SEBB?
Starting January 1, 2020 all eligible school employees of Washington State school districts and charter schools will receive statewide insurance benefits through the School Employees Benefits Board(SEBB). The Legislature established the SEBB Program to ensure all school employees and their families have access to affordable, high-quality health care.
4 Things you should know to prepare for SEBB Open Enrollment this Fall:
- The SEBB Program’s first annual open enrollment is October 1 through November 15, 2019. Coverage is effective January 1, 2020. If you do not select plans during open enrollment you will automatically be enrolled into defaulted plans.
- Your current plans, rates, and deductibles will be carried through December 31st, 2019 as planned for the transition to SEBB.
- Everyone will need to provide documents that prove your dependents are eligible, even if you have previously verified them with your employer, such as a marriage or birth certificate, certificate of domestic partnership, or tax return, before they can be enrolled under your coverage. The full list of acceptable documents will be in the School Employee Initial Enrollment Guide that will be mailed out in mid-September.
- If you or your children are currently enrolled in Washington Apple Health(Medicaid) coverage, and you are eligible for SEBB Program coverage, you must enroll yourself and your children in SEBB benefits. You cannot waive SEBB medical benefits for Apple Health coverage, but you can be enrolled in both. If you are a current Apple Health client, you can apply for the Premium Payment Program, which provides reimbursement for your SEBB Program medical premiums.
Soon to come:
A new online enrollment system called SEBB My Account will make it easy and accessible to make your elections on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You will be able to check your provider’s availability online to see if your current providers are in-network.
There will be an in-person benefits fair in October and a virtual benefits fair will be available for you to access 24/7 during the open enrollment period.
*Stay tuned for updates in the following months regarding plan choices and rates. hca.wa.gov/sebb
- SEBB Intercom June 2019 Newsletter
- SEBB Welcome Letter to Employees – March 2019
- SEBB General Fact Sheet
- SEBB Eligibility Fact Sheet
- SEBB Benefits Fact Sheet
- SEBB Benefits Comparison
- SEBB Additional Benefits Fact Sheet
The School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program FAQ page contains answers to many program specific questions and it is updated frequently as new information becomes available. The FAQ is available here: https://www.hca.wa.gov/
Department of Retirement / Deferred Compensation
Register for Retirement Planning Seminars
Retirement PEBB Health Insurance Options Checklist
DRS Retirement Planning Checklist
Shipowick-Smith Counseling & Recovery Center
Our EAP Counselors:
Mary Madland 509-670-0767
Cheryl Short 509-662-9526
Employee Assistance Program
24 Hour Crisis Hotline:
Certificated Teaching Staff
To Make any changes to your Medical, Dental or Vision coverage or to sign up for insurance coverage you will need to call Aon Benefits Center at 1-855-668-5039.
- 2018-2019 WEA Plan Summary Booklet
- 2018-2019 WEA Plan Rates
- 2018-2019 Medical Allocation Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Vision Summary - VSP
- 2018-2019 Delta Dental Summary
- Healthy Start for Kids
- Open Enrollment - Step by Step
For specific plan information by carrier please contact the carrier directly
WEA Select Medical Plans Group#911302
Concierge/Customer Service: 1.844.219.3630
Virtual Visits/Doctor on Demand
Aon – Hewitt
Your Benefits Resources
WEA Select Benefits Center
Classified - Administrators, Para, Secretary, Technical, M&O, Food Service, Bus Drivers, Non-Rep, District Office
- 2018-2019 Benefit Advocate Flyer
- 2018-2019 Benefits Overview Booklet
- 2018-2019 Classified Staff Annual Notices
- 2018-2019 Medical Benefit Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Premera Enrollment Form
- 2018-2019 Premera Plan Rates
- 2018-2019 Premera Side-by-Side
Premera Blue Cross: Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
Optional Benefits for all employees:
- Flexible Spending Account Information
- Flexible Spending Account Enrollment Application
- Heath Savings Account Information- Only applicable if you have a High Deductible Health plan
- Health Savings Account Enrollment Application
- AFLAC -Accident, Short Term Disability, Cancer, Connie Wright 509.884.4400
- Additional Life and AD&D- (206) 467-4646
If you have questions please contact the Benefits Coordinator, Sara Adamy at email@example.com or 663-8162 ext. 33224.