In Safety and Security, there is nothing we value more than planning and no plan is more important to us than our District Strategic Plan. Safety is a basic human need and is, therefore, a part of every aspect of our students learning, thriving, and becoming future-ready. Our Strategic Plan is a safety plan and is at the core of our mission. With our Strategic Plan in mind, the Safety and Security Department has identified these key action steps
Welcoming spaces where all individuals flourish, are seen and valued, feel safe, and know they belong.
- Supporting the social and emotional well-being of people with healthy and supportive spaces by creating an environment where security measures feel welcoming, comforting, and supportive.
- Developing facilities and operations that reinforce equitable learning and opportunities by detecting and intervening in conflicts and bullying and empowering students to share their concerns.
- Hiring staff that reflects our student body helps us build relationships and trust with our students.
Relationships between students, families, schools, and the community that enhance student well-being and success.
- Staff and leadership teaming and collaboration in safety, security, and emergency response planning.
- Engaging students, parents, and the community in safety and security protocols.
- Practicing fiscally responsible stewardship by assessing security needs and leveraging technology to provide the most advantageous result.
Equitable access to high-quality academic, extracurricular, and real-world experiences.
- Building the skills and knowledge of our staff in diversity, equity, and inclusion as an important aspect of school safety.
- Building the skills and knowledge of our staff in safety, security, and emergency preparedness.
- Eliminating systemic barriers and obstacles to each student's safety and security while they pursue their desired school experience.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.