Welcome to the Wenatchee School District Communication Hub!
The Hub was born out of a mutual desire by staff and administration, through our District Learning Team, to provide greater access to conversations taking place about topics important to students and staff. Due to its success at accomplishing this goal, the Hub is now accessible by parents and community members as well.
Thank you for your interest in our schools,
- District Learning Team - To provide opportunities to model and support a culture of collaboration where all stakeholders are engaged in building a system focused on continuous improvement of the learning system.
- Leadership Team - The Leadership team is comprised of all district classified and certified administrators, which includes building, district office, operational administrators, and the Wenea President. The purpose of Leadership team meetings is to provide a venue for informing, discussing, and gathering feedback from district administrators on issues that have a district wide impact, such as the strategic plan and district initiatives.
- Focused Improvement Team - District & building administrators and union leaders, focus on listening and learning together primarily to program/policy/operational issues experienced by staff members in the field in order to make adjustments that optimize use of time and resources.
- Learning and Teaching Teams
- Elementary Math Adoption - Recommend curriculum adoption of instructional materials that are aligned to the Washington State Learning Standards and will ensure student success in learning.
- Elementary Report Card - Recommend an elementary report card that best meets the needs of those preparing and consuming the information.
- Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) Team - Monitor and support implementation at all schools and enable long-term sustainability.
- Assessment Committee - Review, improve, communicate district assessment system
- Professional Learning Design Team - Identify, develop, monitor professional learning opportunities in support of district initiatives for certificated staff
- Technology Planning Committee - This group will meet again in 2018-2019 to create our next three year plan. The information linked here is from the last time we did our plan in 2015-2016
- Instructional Materials Committee (IMC) - Reviews curriculum adoption recommendations to ensure they comply with the state's guidelines for eliminating bias, and forwards approved materials to the School Board for formal adoption.
- PLC Action Research Project - The goal is to increase the collective expertise of the participating PLC teams and others while working through a Wonders Unit Plan.
- Social Emotional Learning Committee - Create an integrated (into academics), systemic (happening with integrity throughout the system), Multi-tiered (Tier 1 – 3) and comprehensive (from classroom to community) approach to Social Emotional Learning, throughout our K-12 system.