State Transitional Bilingual Instruction Program (STBIP)
Title III, Part A-Language Instruction For English Learners ( ELs) and Immigrant Students
Ensure that ELs, including immigrant children and youth and Native Americans, attain English proficiency and develop high levels of academic achievement in English to meet state academic learning standards.
- Tutoring before, during, or after school.
- Professional development for WSD staff and private school teachers of ELs.
- Summer school programs to provide English language instruction.
- Administration of an ELP assessment for identification of ELs and for evaluating the effectiveness of services, including the provision of test booklets, teacher training, and stipends to teachers to administer assessments.
- Supplemental instructional materials and supplies.
- Center for Applied Linguistics
- Center for Research on the Educational Achievement and Teaching of English Langu
- Jounal of Second Language Writing
- National Association of Bilingual Education (NABE)
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Aquisition
- Office of English Langauge Aquisition
- OSPI State Transitional Bilingual Program Website
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Langauges (TESOL)
- Washington Association of Bilingual Education (WABE)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.