Guidelines, Information, and Policies
The following are systems we have in place to manage, protect, and guide our students and staff on their district assigned devices.
- Filtering Guidelines
- YouTube Guidelines
- Google Workplace Guidelines
- CIPPA, COPA, and FERPA Guidelines
- Board Policies relating to technology:
- 2022-Electronic Resources and Internet Safety (Updated 8.18)
- 2023-Digital Citizenship and Media Literacy (Updated 8.18)
- Helpful items for parents:
- A Technology Use Contract (English) (Spanish)
- Internet Safety at Home Handout (Eng/Span)
- Protecting your kids online (English PDF) (Spanish PDF)
- Parents' Guide to Smartphone Safety (English PDF) (Spanish PDF)
- Parents' Guide to Parental Controls (External Website Link)
- Common Sense Media Parent articles and help (External Website Link)
- Securly Home Parents (English/Spanish) - This service allows you to get a weekly summary of filtered items and the ability with a phone applicaiton to further filter devices while they are at home.
Permission and Use Forms
Listed here are the required yearly forms that are needed from your student to participate in our 1:1 device program.
- Introduction and Information Letter
- Introduction and Expectation Videos
Here are the required forms to use an assigned 1:1 device:
- Personal Technology Permission and Use Signature Page (English/Spanish) - This form has everything in one page, but assumes you will read the Acceptable use, Device use, permissions, and coverage procedures.
- Device Assurance and Coverage Form - This form is required for all students participating our take home program. All secondary students and select 3-5 grade classrooms(check with your school)
- Individual Forms:
Take-Home Program Device Assurance
The Wenatchee School District will be providing students and families the option of obtaining device assurance. This must be purchased or declined annually. This is only required for grade levels that take home devices daily.
The following claims are covered by our coverage policy; accidental damage, cracked screens, drops, liquid damage, theft, fire, flood, natural disasters and power surge due to lightning.
This coverage will provide replacement cost and protect the mobile device (on and off school grounds). The cost is per incident (2 incidents per year; after 2 incidents the full repair cost will be charged). The initial fee of $26 covers your first repair if necessary, you will be fined an additional $26 for a 2nd repair if needed. Any additional repair will be billed at the full rate for the necessary repair. Loss of the device is not covered unless it is a theft with accompanying police report.
To register and pay for coverage for your student's device, fill out the required form and turn it in to your building's office with cash, check, or credit card for the indicated fee, or you have the option to pay online by following the link below to WSD's online payment portal.
- Online payment for device coverage, TouchBase, which offer options for parents/guardians to make easy and fast payments electronically.
- Printable form to take into your school's office to pay.
Average repair/replacement costs for typical items
|iPad charger brick||$20.00|
|iPad keyboard case||$110.00|
|iPad external keyboard||$75.00|
|iPad case (non keyboard)||$50.00|
|iPad full replacement if lost or not returned||$450.00|
|Hotspot power cord||$25.00|
|Chromebook individual key||$25.00|
|Chromebook charging port||TBD|
|Chromebook full replacement if lost or not returned||$350.00|
- About Us
- About Our Staff
- Forms (internal)
- Links and Resources
- 1:1 Device Program
- Photo Gallery
- Parent and Student Support
- Staff Portal Technology
- Student Links
- System Guidelines
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.