Flyer Distribution Information
Individuals seeking distribution in the school district of information about its program shall submit to the superintendent’s office a Flyer Distribution Approval Form (PDF).
The approval form will have the organization identify its status: school, private commercial, private nonprofit or public nonprofit. The form will also identify the purpose of the activity as: social, recreational, or educational. Use of the schools as advertisement for private commercial purpose will be denied unless the activity is directly related to curriculum.
Dissemination of materials does not reflect the districts endorsement or sponsorship of the activity. The district or the school will not distribute materials that are:
- Obscene, lewd, or vulgar;
- Seen to be intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial, sexual, or ethnic slurs;
- Promote commercial enterprises;
- Promoting the violation of existing laws, regulations or ordinances, or official school policy, rules or regulations; or
- Proselytizing or disparaging religious beliefs.
The Administrative Assistant for Student Support Services shall review and determine whether the materials are approved for distribution to students. Any further review shall be by the superintendent/designee whose decision is final. Materials that are approved or student/parent information will fall into one of the following approval categories:
- Direct benefit for students/families and approved to be distributed to K-5 students as partners with the Wenatchee School District.*
- Programs that are recreational, social, or educational support are approved to post in the building for availability to parents and students.
*The information that will go directly to students will come from approved community organizations that are nonprofit partners and/or co-curricular partners with the Wenatchee School District. These organizations are such groups as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Camp Fire, YMCA, YWCA, Wenatchee City Parks and Recreation, Public Utility District (PUD), NCW Museum, Mission Ridge Ski Schools, and various nonprofit youth organizations.
Materials that are submitted for staff will also go through the Flyer Distribution Approval Form. Any flyer information will be approved as described above. Material that is approved for staff will meet one of the following categories:
- Social, recreational, or educational
- It will provide a direct benefit for a staff member.
- It will provide a service opportunity for the staff member.
Even with the above criteria a building principal will have final decision on materials in each staff room. Once materials are approved for distribution it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the flyer materials to each building. Materials that are approved to go directly to students K-5 will be distributed on a twice a month schedule. Each building will set their schedule so that one distribution will align with the beginning of the month and the other with the 15th of the month, September through June. Materials that are approved to go to students must be bundled in groups of 30 for each class in the building.