Accepted district assessment dates are posted into an online calendar. Any printed version is considered a draft of the accepted calendar.
- State Assessment Calendar - due to OSPI's guidance surrounding COVID-19, Washington State assessment schedules may change. Current OSPI guidance confirms the following assessments will move forward during 2021-2022.
- The WIDA Screener is administered to identify and support students who are learning English. For 2021-2022, this assessment will be administered within the student's first 30-days of in-person school attendance in accordance with local health department guidance.
- Although an assessment, WaKIDS is better known as an 'inventory of skills' as students begin Kindergarten. With the support of our student's families, this assessment is administered in small increments between August 25-November 12.
- To safely support federally required assessments for the 2020-21 school year, OSPI pushed the testing window to the 2021-22 school year. This fall, students in Grade 4 and above will be administered assessments to measure their understanding of content learned during 2020-21. The fall assessments are a much shorter version of Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) and/or Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS). When stipulated by an IEP, WA-AIM assessment will be offered as the alternate assessment. Schools will nest their testing schedule between September 27-November 23.
- Students who are identified as English Language Learners will take a WIDA assessment to determine their English language levels and student eligibility for English language services. Your child's school will nest their testing schedule between January 31-March 25, 2022.
- All springtime federally required assessments are scheduled by OSPI from March 7-June 3, 2022; schools nest their shorter testing window within these dates.
Schedules - Staff Resources
- 2021-2022 Required Assessment Schedule (For Staff Members)
- 2021-2022 Summary - Assessment with Required Data Entry (For Staff Members - Google Sheets)
- 2021-2022 Assessment Year At A Glance (Google Sheets)
This page last updated on August 3, 2021. Please contact Karen Allen with comments.