Supporting Your Child
- i-Ready Family Support website provides an introduction of i-Ready video, tips, engagement ideas, and other fun activities.
- Be a Learning Hero allows parents to search by state, grade and subject to find homework support resources.
- Colorín Colorado is the premier national website serving educators and families of English language learners (ELLs) in Grades PreK-12. Colorín Colorado has been providing free research-based information, activities, and advice to parents, schools, and communities around the country for more than a decade. En español
- Reading Rockets is a national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Raise the Bar Parents provides parents with educational 'check ups' they can give their students to see if they're making progress toward meeting the Standards. The site also includes resources to help students improve.
- PBS Learning Media - The Good To Know digital video series for adults “introduces the methods, vocabulary, and processes their child learns at school.” Short, clear and fun videos will help to explain math topics that are taught in Pre-K, kindergarten and 1st - 4th grade Common Core curricula. Videos help develop a conceptual understanding of how math practices build on previous knowledge and empower parents and caregivers to help their children learn foundational math skills!
- Growth Mindset
- Growth Mindset for Parents
- Edutopia-Resources for Teaching Growth Mindset
- Develop Resilience
- Khan Academy offers free supportive materials from Kindergarten to College-level math, arts, science and beyond.
- Readwritethink provides reading and language arts resources for all grade levels.
This page last updated on March 29, 2019. Please contact Karen Allen with comments.