High School and Beyond Plan
The High School and Beyond Plan process is a graduation requirement that every Washington student uses to explore potential career interests, take relevant courses, and plan for post-high school education or training. The Plan is designed to be flexible so it can grow and change along with students as they move through middle and high school. School districts choose how students experience the Plan and track their progress.
ACT offers a free eBook, Prepare for College from Your Couch, your guide to navigating the college admissions process from the comfort of your home.
College Scorecard is an interactive website that helps students find the right fit after high school. It provides students access to data on the cost of college, potential post-graduate debt and earnings based on fields of study (including for certificate programs, 2-year degrees, 4-year degrees, and graduate programs), and institutional graduation rates. College Scorecard also provides a link to information on apprenticeships. If you’re trying to figure out the next step on your learning journey, College Scorecard is the right place to start.
Enrollment Deposit Fee Waiver Learn more about how the enrollment deposit waiver is used by students to request a fee waiver or deferral.
Ready Washington, or ReadyWA, launched many resources this year to make the Plan process as meaningful as possible for students. Resources include:
- For students, families, and teachers: A new website and animated videos in English and Spanish about what the Plan is and how students can get the most out of their planning process.
- For counselors: A quick guide resource to spark conversations with students about the post-high school plans and direct them to the information they need.
- For teachers: A website about how to support students with their Plans and use the Plans in classrooms.
- For all education stakeholders: An HSBP 101 blog post with basic information about what the Plan is and how students use it.
- Get more information at ReadyWA, Español.
College & Career Compass can help you plan for life after high school. Continuing your education after high school gives you more options. Research shows college graduates earn more and are less likely to be unemployed. Luckily, there’s a great new tool available to help you prepare and plan for the future—and it’s free! Check out Washington’s new College & Career Compass:
- Explore educational programs that match your career interests.
- Learn more about the value of college and how financial aid can help you pay for a certificate, apprenticeship, or degree.
- Connect with a campus to get additional support.
Don’t be discouraged. Stay motivated, get ready, and focus on the future. College & Career Compass makes it easy. Learn more at compass.wa.gov.
Ready, Set, Grad helps students earn their high school diploma and postsecondary credential. Ready, Set, Grad offers resources to find, pay for, and complete the education path that’s right for you or the student in your life.
Careers in the Military offers guided exploration and support for students and parents.
Gear Up offers Top 5 Activities: Remote Activities for High School Juniors and Seniors. This Top 5 list is designed specifically for high school juniors and seniors to help them prepare for, apply to, and pay for postsecondary education. Note: You do not have to be a GEAR UP student to use Gear Up resources – they are available to all students!
Looking for scholarships? theWashBoard.org makes it simple and helps connect Washington students of all types with Washington scholarship providers….for FREE.
This page last updated on December 2, 2020. Please contact Karen Allen with comments.