The Container Challenge!
Are you interested in completing the PBIS 5 in 5 x 5 Container Challenge?
You will show evidence of 5 different teacher actions or activities in each of the 5 containers 5 times. Here’s how:
1. Sign up for individual, team, or school participation with your instructional coach.
2. Use the Self-reflection Record collaboratively with a peer, coach, or principal to account for 5 actions or activities in each of the 5 containers.
3. Identify and date each action or activity 5 times.
4. Participate in collaborative feedback sessions with a peer, coach, or principal.
5. Submit completed Self-Reflection Record to your instructional coach and receive recognition for competing the Container Challenge. Congratulations!
- What is the purpose of PBIS?
- Container #1: Maximize Structure Within Your Classroom
- Container #2: Define, Teach, Review, Monitor & Reteach Positively-Stated Expectations
- Container #3: Establish a Continuum of Strategies to Acknowledge Appropriate Behavior
- Container #4: Actively Engage Students in Observable Ways
- Container #5: Establish a Continuum of Strategies to Respond to Inappropriate Behavior
- Container Challenge
- Marzano Instructional Framework Aligned to Wa State Teacher Evaluation Criteria (PDF) (opens in new window)
- PBIS Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA)
- PBIS Menu of Interventions for Minor Behaviors
- PBIS- Tier One Preventions/Interventions Flowchart (PDF) (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.