What is the Small Works Roster?
A Small Works Roster follows the statute RCW 39.04.155 as a listing of Washington State licensed contractors (not vendors or suppliers) who have applied to be placed on the roster and have met certain basic requirements. In general, small works projects require: Prevailing wages be paid and documented in compliance with RCW 39.12; have an active Washington State Contractor’s License; a performance bond is executed in compliance with RCW 39.08 before beginning work. Contractor must submit a certificate of insurance with specified insurance coverage and name the Wenatchee School District #246 as additional insured before beginning work. Contractor must provide a completed W-9 form. The Small Works Roster helps reduce the cost of bidding small projects and makes it easier for contractors to compete for public works projects.
What is "Public Works"?
Public Works is all work, construction, alteration or repair or improvement, other than ordinary maintenance, executed at the cost of the state or of any municipality, or which is by law a lien or charge on any property therein.
Basic Public Works Requirements for School Districts:
- Prevailing Wages - RCW 39.12.010 requires contractors to pay Prevailing Wages on public works projects. For more information on Prevailing Wages visit the Department of Labor and Industries website at www.lni.wa.gov.
- Insurance Coverage - Contractors are required to provide the District with a Certificate of Insurance, minimum $1,000,000, naming Wenatchee School District #246 as additional insured (with the additional insured endorsement) prior to starting work.
- Industrial Insurance - All contractors are required to pay Industrial Insurance Premiums. The District will not award a contract to a contractor who have unpaid Industrial Insurance Premiums.
- Retainage - The District will hold retainage of 5% on projects over $20,000.00. If the project is over $35,000.00 a Notice of Completion will be filed and retainage will be paid after 45 days after acceptance of the work completed to ensure that prevailing wages have been paid through the WA State Department of Labor and Industries, and the Department of Revenue, and Employment Security Department have no liens on the project.
How to Apply
Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) Rosters is an online shared Small Public Works Contractor Roster and Consultant Services Roster for local governments in Washington State, including the Wenatchee School District #246, to search for eligible Contractor and Consultant service providers by service category.
- In order to receive bids from the Wenatchee School District #246 for projects such as these you must be registered on the MRSC roster. The rosters are for contractors and consultants only, not vendors or suppliers.
- To verify if your company is listed on the roster, please contact MRSC directly.
For Contractors and Consultants
MRSC Rosters is a convenient and cost-effective way for marketing services to Agencies statewide through only one registration process.
To be eligible to work on small public works projects or consultant projects please register your company for free with MRSC Rosters and select Wenatchee School District #246 in your account. For more information about registering, contact MRSC Rosters at 206-436-3798 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
How does it work?
1. MRSC accepts and processes electronic applications from contractors and consultants and checks them for compliance with the mandatory bidder responsibility criteria.
2. Once a contractor/consultant is verified, their account is activated and participating agencies are able to search for a contractor/consultant by service category or alphabetical listing.
3. After generating an email list of potential bidders, the agencies can send out requests for proposals.
4. To fulfill Washington State statutory requirements, MRSC will advertise on behalf of all participating agencies in The Wenatchee World, indicating that they are using the MRSC Rosters.
Operated by the not-for-profit Municipal Research & Services Center of Washington (MRSC), the MRSC Rosters is a fee-based service for all participants charged annually; however Contractors and Consultants do have a free option to register for individual Agency rosters.
Bids and quotes for supplies and materials are requested as needed and/or required per all applicable state laws including RCW 28A.335.190.
- Possible Bond 2021
- Phase 1 - Completed - WSD Capital Improvement Program
- Safe Route to Schools Projects
- Small Works Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.