Washington Elementary School $31.5 million.
State School Construction Assistance is an estimated $5 million for the construction of a new Washington Elementary School. Principal Keith Collins says, “Washington Elementary was built in 1953. It is the oldest building in the Wenatchee School District. It hasn’t had much in the way of upgrades in those 61 years. We’re still operating on the same HVAC systems from 61 years ago that you cannot buy parts for any more. We have almost 600 students now, and Washington Elementary was built for half the number of students we currently have. While you don’t see the overflow it’s because we occupy eight classrooms in the building next door, the Special Education and Early Childhood wing. If we didn’t have that particular facility, we would have eight more portables out there in addition to the six that we have now.”
- A new Washington Elementary School is being constructed on the same site as the old school, in a new location, preventing having to move students somewhere else during the school year, saving money and displacement. The old school will be demolished when the new one is completed,
- The new school will house the entire Washington population, eliminating the need for portables.
- As part of the new school, the entire student drop off and pickup area is being renovated and reconfigured on the existing site to increase student safety.
Special Education & Early Childhood Learning Center $6.6 million
This building is adjacent to the old Washington Elementary School. It houses special education students and administration, and early childhood learning classes. This project will:
- Modernize to fully meet code.
- Replace the mechanical and electrical systems.
- Update roofing, insulation, doors and windows.
- Add classroom and office space.
- Provide handicapped accessibility (ADA compliant).
- Provide classroom space for special education students, early learning students.
- Provide office space for special education therapists and psychologists.
- Facilities Plan
- Current Facilities Projects
- Completed Capital Projects
- Small Works Information
- Request for Qualifications Architectural and Engineering Professional Design Services
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.