Possible Bond 2021
On February 18, 2020 the Wenatchee School Board directed District staff to begin taking exploratory steps towards a potential bond initiative in February of 2021. The Board has authorized Superintendent Paul Gordon to convene a citizens’ facility task force to study the District’s current and project facility needs with the support of school construction, project management, and architecture consultants.
Facility Task Force
The public is invited to attend our first Facility Task Force meeting on March 19, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in the Wenatchee High School commons (1101 Millerdale Ave.).
The purpose of this task force will be to answer several questions;
- Should the Wenatchee School Board go to the voters with a Bond proposal?
- What would be the recommended scope of the work?
- Based on our long-term facilities plan, Wenatchee High School is the building in most need of repair and would be the primary focus of any bond but, are there other needs in the district that should be considered at this time?
- If a remodel of WHS is decided upon, then what would that look like? What options should be considered?
The March 19th meeting will be primarily informational in nature and we will discuss the role of the task force and the commitment needed to be a continuing member.
Please RSVP if you are able to attend, by clicking the link below.
Task Force Meeting Calendar
All meetings will be held 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
March 19, 2020 - WHS - New Commons
March 26, 2020 - District Office - Main Board Room / North Board Room
April 16, 2020 - District Office - Main Board Room / North Board Room
April 30, 2020 - District Office - Main Board Room / North Board Room
May 21, 2020 - District Office - Main Board Room / North Board Room
June 4, 2020 - District Office - Main Board Room / North Board Room
June 18, 2020 - District Office - Main Board Room / North Board Room
- Facilities Plan
- Current Facilities Projects
- Completed Capital Projects
- Small Works Information
- Request for Qualifications Architectural and Engineering Professional Design Services
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.