Welcome to the Wenatchee School District Transportation Department
"Where safety is our job"
Department goal: The Transportation Department strives to create a safe and enjoyable climate on the buses. Our children are this nation's greatest resource, and their safety must be our highest priority.
1201 Millerdale Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
*HYBRID AM/PM BUS ROUTES
Due to changing nature of bus routes parents are encouraged to contact the Transportation Office for route locations and times.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Students will be required to wear a mask while riding.
- Buses will be loaded from the back to the front.
- Students will be assigned seats to maintain social distancing.
Transportation Changes - Middle and High School
Please be advised of important transportation changes happening later this month as we transition secondary students back to classrooms for AM/PM hybrid learning.
Students are required to walk up to one mile to their assigned school. Students who live within one mile of their school do not qualify for busing unless there are safety concerns identified by the transportation office.
- Bus routes, stops, and times have changed from the 2019-2020 school year. Your child’s stop, bus/route, and pickup/drop off times have changed.
- New routes, stops, and times will be posted on the transportation website for AM and PM cohorts at wenatcheeschools.org/transportation by January 15. If you cannot find your students’ route/bus stop, please contact WSD’s transportation department at (509) 662-6168.
- Elementary student routes are subject to change. Some current elementary am/pm cohort routes may experience a bus/route number change as buses are reassigned to other routes. This change will begin on January 21.
- High school students who live within 1 mile of Orchard and Foothills Middle Schools will walk to those schools where a bus stop will be provided to Wenatchee High School.
- District bus transportation will only be provided to the Wenatchee Valley Technical Skills Center from WHS at the beginning of each AM/PM cohort. Alternative transportation arrangements will need to be made from the tech center.
- Elementary and secondary students will ride on separate bus routes. All students will have an assigned seat on the bus and be required to wear a mask while riding the bus. Please have students wash their hands before coming to the bus stop and dress appropriately as windows will be open to provide ventilation.
- Students should arrive at their bus stop and be visible to the driver at least 5 minutes prior to its scheduled arrival time.
- Alternative transportation is available through Link Transit at no cost through the end of the school year. Contact Link Transit for locations and service details. Route navigators are available to assist students and families with riding Link.
- Questions about student cohort assignments and daily school schedules should be directed to your child’s school.
Secondary Transportation Start Dates
6th Grade - Bus transportation will be available for 6th graders for orientation activities beginning Thursday, January 21.
- January 21 & 22 - Busing will be provided to AM and PM cohort students for 6th grade orientation activities.
- January 26 - Sixth graders will resume riding the bus following their assigned AM/PM cohort schedule.
7th, 8th, and 9th Grades and All WestSide Students - Bus transportation will be available for 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students and WestSide beginning Tuesday, January 26.7th and 8th Grade
- All 7th and 8th grade students attending Foothills, Orchard, or Pioneer middle school will start riding the bus following their assigned AM/PM cohort schedule on January 26th.
- 9th Grade - All 9th grade students attending Wenatchee High School will participate in orientation activities on January 26th during their assigned AM/PM cohort schedule.
- WestSide HS - All students attending WestSide High School’s Day School will start riding the bus following their assigned AM/PM cohort schedule on January 26th.
Please contact the Tech Center, Wenatchee High School, or Westside High School for information regarding scheduled transportation.
10th, 11th, and 12th Grade
Bus transportation will be available for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students beginning Wednesday, January 27.
- 10th, 11th, and 12th Grade - Students attending Wenatchee High School will start riding the bus following their assigned AM/PM cohort schedule on January 27th.
Please note, routes, stops, and times have changed. New routes, stops, and times will be posted on the transportation website for AM and PM cohorts by January 15 at wenatcheeschools.org/transportation.
Bus Safety & Cleaning
Transportation staff will continue to provide safe passage on buses to and from school, while implementing additional safety guidelines, including these expectations:
- Bus drivers will wipe down high touch surfaces between routes
- Regular routes will be followed and adjusted as needed for actual ridership
- Social distancing will occur as much as feasible.
- Masks are required on all buses and in school vehicles.
- Parents should ensure students wash their hands before going to the bus stop.
- Students must follow driver directions regarding seat assignment to ensure as much separation as possible on the school bus.
- Some windows will be open on the school bus to ensure ventilation so students should plan and dress accordingly.
- The district will be cleaning and disinfecting buses daily in accordance with OSPI and the Department of Health guidance.
For Bus Route Information contact
Wenatchee School District
509-662-6168 ext 13221
For Field Trip Information or Scheduling contact
NOW HIRING DRIVERS
Our bus drivers are an integral part of the community. They're committed to safety and customer service and have genuine, caring attitudes towards all students. Driving is a rewarding experience and is ideal for retirees, parents with children in the district or anyone looking for additional income.