Bellevue, Wash. (May 24, 2022) – In recognition of his dedication to traffic safety, community stewardship and leadership, Mason Parr, a 5th-grade student at Washington Elementary in Wenatchee, was recently chosen for induction into the 2022 AAA School Safety Patrol Hall of Fame.
Washington Elementary’ s AAA School Safety Patrol Advisor, Cody Wright, describes Mason’s understanding and demonstration of procedures and responsibilities as comprehensive, consistent and outstanding.
“Mason always has a positive attitude and a team-first mentality,” Wright said. “He is always willing to carry equipment and traffic cones. If a less desirable spot is open, Mason routinely offers to fill that spot.”
In addition to providing assistance in training new patrollers, Wright says Mason helped him revamp their current duty posts and rotations, creating a much more streamlined and efficient system.
“Mason is a great role model, leader and mentor to his classmates,” Wright added.
As a long-standing tradition, a panel of judges from AAA Washington, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Washington Traffic Safety Commission chooses ten patrollers to induct into the AAA Washington School Safety Patrol Hall of Fame. Nominations require input from both the patroller and their advisor, including responses to a series of essay questions. This year’s inductees represent elementary schools from rural and urban communities across the state.
2022 AAA School Safety Patrol Hall of Fame Inductees
- Mason Parr, Washington Elementary – Wenatchee
- Adi Davidson, Echo Creek Elementary – Shoreline
- Caleb Daw, Forest View Elementary – Everett
- Josie Ellis, Hazel Wolf K-8 – Seattle
- Dayton Gregory, Moran Prairie Elementary – Spokane
- Kylie Hawkins, Oak Harbor Intermediate School – Oak Harbor
- Josephine Houtby, Central Elementary – Sedro-Woolley
- Zach Illsley, Samantha Smith Elementary – Sammamish
- Jayda Lobe, Ritzville Grade School – Ritzville
- Alejandro Martinez Otto, Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary – Sammamish
AAA created the School Safety Patrol 102 years ago and partners with local agencies to bring the program to elementary schools across Washington. AAA Washington has been inducting outstanding patrollers into the local Hall of Fame for 30 years.